Friday, July 8, 2011

♥ 11 Days and still no actual posts... I know, I'm a tad slow. ♥

    Well...I feel a little embarrassed.
11 Days since I started my blog, and 11 days since I vowed to post at least 4 recipes weekly. Well, it's been longer than a week, and while it's clear there's no new posts, no pictures, and still no recipes, I can proudly say I have cooked, and I took pictures along the way...just not the best pictures. [Still working on my photography skills. I'm only 16, and my mind is wrapped around 101 things; Who has time for photography on top of all that?! Not to mention my lack of a decent camera.]

    Anyway, yes, I did cook. In fact, just like I promised, I did one dessert, one cupcake recipe, and two...well, neither dessert nor cupcake recipes. The dessert was yet another blueberry muffin recipe (I say another, being that I've tried 5 in the past few months, and I never seem to get a response back that's not an "They're okay".), the cupcake being a Red-Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting (not as easy as I thought..), and the two "others" being an Italian-Sausage/Tomato/Pasta toss (there's no actual name for it,so I'll think of something eventually..) and a simple (but wonderful) Buttermilk pancake recipe. Out of the four, the best recipe in my opinion are the pancakes; probably because I've already tinkered and edited them to..perfection? Hm.

    Needless to say, there were problems and disasters along the way with every recipe (even the pancakes; I'm almost on my way to becoming a pro-pancake flipper....almost.) And, as much as this probably won't make me sound as (professional? worth-while? trust-worthy?) as I want to sound,...well, I'll just put this out there: the finished products were not perfect. In fact, far from it.
    At first, as soon as I tasted the cupcakes and muffins and realized I didn't like the tastes of them (the muffins especially), I started doubting myself. After-all, I have a very bad tendency to want to do everything perfect the first time around, and when it doesn't come out perfect, it kind of, well, bruises my confidence a bit. Later on though, I realized:
    When I started this blog, I wanted it to be kind of like a first-hand view right into my kitchen as I went along and started my pre-foodie and pre-pastry chef adventure. What I wanted deep-down though, was a picture-perfect blog, with already perfected recipes and beautiful pictures that looked like they were professionally taken. Well, as I mopped and stared at my ugly, messed up muffins and faded-red red-velvet cupcakes, reality hit and I realized: as I said before, I'm only 16, and I've got decent cooking skills; not professional ones. My blog will never be like "that", or maybe it will in a few years, but for now, it's CupcakeGirl's blog: the blog with unappetizing pictures, far from perfect recipes, and tons of my mistakes, being shared and put out there for anyone on the web to see.

    Now, for anyone who's reading (if there's actually anyone there..), my only hope for you is to learn from my mistakes, that is, if you'd actually be dumb enough to make them (I'm not the smartest chef in the kitchen...). But, for anyone who's far above my level and can help in anyway, or, for anyone who's willing to take my messy recipes and fix them, I'd love and appreciate any advice; any way for me to become a better chef and learn is greatly appreciated.

    So, before I continue to ramble on and bore (any of the readers I may have) to death, I'm going to wrap this up so I can get cozy on my couch and maybe even watch Julie and Julia again. After all, it is the main reason for all of this.

    Anywho, the recipes and pictures I rambled about earlier will be posted in the next two days, so please, bear with me.

     To all the bloggers and anyone else out there... Good night, and sleep tight. Talk to you soon! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment